AuthorTopic: A few jeep Piccys from SOT  (Read 8315 times)

Offline Jim-Willy

• Regional Rep
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
A few jeep Piccys from SOT
« on: July 25, 2005, 19:58:26 »
Jeeps, a bit too pretty to dent but nice all the same
'ear all, see all, say nawt; Eyt all, sup all pay nawt; An' if ivver tha does owt fer nawt; Allus do it fer thi sen.

Offline Jake

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • <insert witty comment here>
    • South Molton, Devon. UK
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 20:28:23 »
I like the middle one
Proper smart
Jake

Owner - Land Rover Discovery 2
Driver - Land Rover Defender 100" Trayback

Offline Owen

Attack Member
Re: A few jeep Piccys from SOT
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 13:43:59 »
Quote from: "jim-willy"
Jeeps, a bit too pretty to dent but nice all the same

Would you feel better about them if we put landy badges on them?  :D  :D :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline mickharv2003

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 18:23:20 »
My old Cherokee certainly wasnt too pretty to dent,and neither is my CJ7.Its the same as any 4x4`s-some people want them to look good and others use them for the purpose they were built,regardless of make :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Offline Owen

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2005, 22:19:12 »
Here here, dont make no odds what you drive! Horses for courses as me dad would say. :lol:

But in saying that I got snubbed my mud clubbers in Landys at a pay and play not so long ago, even with my MC-UK across the back! :shock:
Maybe with the MC-UK logo not being on a landy it confused them! :)  :)

Offline Jim-Willy

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2005, 22:22:12 »
Quote from: "Owen"
Here here, dont make no odds what you drive! Horses for courses as me dad would say. :lol:

But in saying that I got snubbed my mud clubbers in Landys at a pay and play not so long ago, even with my MC-UK across the back! :shock:

I aren't that type of Landy driver.  The piccys were posted cos i liked the trucks (I used to run a XJ).  They were very pretty and good offroad but the Wrangler was a puff chariot, all the toys but never got dirty!
'ear all, see all, say nawt; Eyt all, sup all pay nawt; An' if ivver tha does owt fer nawt; Allus do it fer thi sen.

Offline Owen

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2005, 22:26:51 »
No offense meant to you, or any other regular mud-clubers, and I appreciate the pics you put up, there great!
All Im saying is, it happens thats all.

Offline Jim-Willy

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2005, 22:30:34 »
No offense meant to you, or any other regular mud-clubers, and I appreciate the pics you put up, there great!
All Im saying is, it happens thats all.

I know it does Matey, when I had the Jeep something similar happened to me at the Jungle near nottingham, I showed em though (XJ was a little better offroad than the Landy driver thought!)

Offline Owen

Attack Member
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2005, 07:21:57 »
I just think its a bit off when snubbed by fellow mudclubers because you dont drive a Landy. In saying that though at Whaddon the other week I met a few real friendly landy mudclubers, nice fellas they were. That was the only pay and play I been to this year where Landy members of the same club as me, mudclub, talked to me. Lets face it, there are a good few landys who just dont like us, I guess its the way of the 4x4 world.

Offline muddyweb

Attack Member
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2005, 07:39:39 »
I just think its a bit off when snubbed by fellow mudclubers because you dont drive a Landy..

Thing is... you don't know if they would have reacted any differently if you *were* in a Land Rover...  it may be just that they weren't being very sociable.   There are often non-LRs at Mud-Club events and they are usually  right in the thick of it with everyone else.

Let's not turn it into a vehicle war, eh ?
Tim Burt
Muddyweb
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.muddyweb.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Owen

Attack Member
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2005, 07:59:08 »
Yea fair point Tim, you could be right there.
Although believe it or not my wife was tail gatted, bullied round site by a Landy as she wasnt going quick enough around her first pay and play a few months ago. How out of order is that!  She doesnt attend any pay and plays now after that.
I aint trying to turn it into vehicle war I was just making a point mate. And again I mean no offense at all to fellow mudclubers :D
Just telling you what happened thats all :D

Offline datalas

• Administrator
    Attack Member
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2005, 08:43:48 »
It's quite possible you were being pushed round because the guy behind happened to be an idiot, not because he happened to be in a landy.

Although there is a fair amount of light hearted snobbery in mud-club I do hope that it never escalates beyond pib tickling and leg pulling :evil:  , heck, the Jeep is a perfectly good motor (if a little over luxurious inside) and most mud-club members rallied round to help Gary when he had his erm.. err.. when he expermiented in a career in the navy ;)
--

Offline Owen

Attack Member
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2005, 08:51:10 »
Quote from: "datalas"
It's quite possible you were being pushed round because the guy behind happened to be an idiot, not because he happened to be in a landy.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Yea your probably right, just a shame my Mrs was treat like that by someone bearing a MC-UK logo

Offline Trooper30

Attack Member
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2005, 20:12:43 »
Owen, i had a similar experience to your wife on a pay and play with a Landy and I had my 2 kids in the car.

JeepCher53

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2005, 20:01:27 »
Where did all this start?  Why do some Landy drivers act superior? After all Jeep is THE original 4 x 4 :roll:   No, really, at least we don't drive pretty Mercs, Volvos, Cayennes, BMW X5s although I'm sure they are very nice people :?  
I swapped my Freelander for a Jeep. Not because I didn't like the Freebie - I loved it - but the Jeep does more (low box) and its bigger for work. (Any excuse to do some lanes on the way home from wherever!)

Offline datalas

• Administrator
    Attack Member
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2005, 20:16:05 »
Quote from: "ladyfreebie"
Where did all this start?  Why do some Landy drivers act superior?

Penile Envy... erm... I mean, err....  some people are just like that.
--

Offline Trooper30

Attack Member
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2005, 20:49:26 »
Quote from: "ladyfreebie"
Why do some Landy drivers act superior? home from wherever!

Quote from: "datalas"

Penile Envy... erm... I mean, err....  some people are just like that.

Bet you didnt realise how Landy act towards Jeep's untill you owned a Jeep. Prime example being the above quote. This Jeep room is so quiet these days because of the way Landys treat us. Either on this forum, or should I say there forum, and out on pay and plays and 4x4 gatherings.
If you have read the rest of this thread you will see that some of us have had run ins with Landys at pay at plays, one member said that his wife jacked in offroading the day she was bullied at a pay and play!]#
Yea it aint all Landy drivers, I aint saying that for a moment, but its a frighteningly good percentage of them. Just be wary of Landys at pay and plays!

Offline muddyweb

Attack Member
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2005, 21:54:09 »
Quote from: "Trooper30"
Either on this forum, or should I say there forum, and out on pay and plays and 4x4 gatherings.

Are you coming to any Mud-Club events in the near future ?

I'd love to prove you wrong   :?
Tim Burt
Muddyweb
www.muddyweb.com

Offline Trooper30

Attack Member
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2005, 12:43:56 »
Im not sure weather I would put my kids in danger again by going to a pay and play where mudclub Landys are after last time. There are 2 people, myself included on this 2 page thread that have had unpleasentness with Landys, 2 people in 2 pages, doesnt that tell you somthing! Believe it or not Muddyweb, and to all the other admins, I respect the job you guys do on this site, keeping the peace and all, but that just aint how it is in reality. Landys hate Jeeps, its just a fact, thats all! Part of the proof being that most Jeepers have gone from Mudclub! Why I wonder?
That must surely tell you somthing!

Offline Bishops Finger

Attack Member
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2005, 13:35:12 »
Sadly whatever the club/make there will always be prats
Jeep drivers don't eat quiche

Offline muddyweb

Attack Member
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2005, 13:36:43 »
Quote from: "Trooper30"
Landys hate Jeeps, its just a fact, thats all!

Clearly you have had some bad experiences, and it sounds like you've made up your mind.  That is a shame as far as I'm concerned.

I will take issue with the above "fact" though... it's simply not true.   It may be true of some people, but you can't count me or a lot of other mud-club members in it..  sorry.
Tim Burt
Muddyweb
www.muddyweb.com

Offline Owen

Attack Member
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2005, 15:15:48 »
I have read all your opinions on this Landy Jeep thing, and in some way I agree with Trooper, and in other ways I agree with the Landys.
I used to go on a few pay and plays that were advertised on mudclub, and to be honest we have had 2, unprovoked bad experiences with Landys, Also I have been stuck and waving my towstraps about whilst Landys looked, laughed and drove passed me on several occassions, and yes it leaves a bitter taste behind.

On the other hand I have met plenty of Landy mudclubers who have been realy good guys, Hightower, Turtle, Aunt Nelly, and anyone else that I have met just to name a few and to coin a phrase there 'Good old boys'
Some of the local mudclubers have even helped me out with problems I have had on my jeep namely Phil and Nigel, no probs at all. And Im sure that a good number of Landys are equaly as friendly and helpfull.
But I think it has to be said that there is, and probably always will be a wedge between Landys and Jeeps, i guess its just the way it is.

Offline Cherry Bomb

Attack Member
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2005, 20:45:45 »
There are prats everywhere not just in 4x4 circles.  In this country the majorty of vehicles we see are going to have a green oval on them. The law of statistics means then that the majority of prats into froadin are going to be driving landys.  Doesn't say anything about Landys in general or there owners, there's just prats everyehere.  (I could name a few who own Jeeps :roll: )
No, it's not me!

Offline Bishops Finger

Attack Member
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2005, 20:54:06 »
Me too (allegedly)

I know someLandy owners and they are top folk ....closely related to the human race but not quite there in the evolutionary scale :shock:  :D  :lol:  8)

Offline Popeye

Attack Member
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2005, 21:20:29 »
I've only just read this thread and thought I'd better speak up. I've never owned a Land Rover ,I've had a Jeep Cherokee and am now on my 2nd Suzuki.

I 1st met a bunch of mudders all driving Landys on a lane in Bedfordshire ,they told me about the web site so I joined and I've never had a problem with anyone.

I had a major incident at the Tixover site in the middle of the lake where it was fair to say most people would not have been able to get to and yet a Landy driver by the name of Dave Landy came to my rescue ,recovered me to dry land, my wife ,son and myself were looked after by eveyone that could help while a bunch of guys had the bonnet up trying to sort the Cherokee out.

The sprit of this club is immense, unfortunatly you must of met the small percentage of idiots that must lerk in every oganisation.

I hope to meet you some time if only to put a name to a face.  :)
Gary

Offline Miniman

Attack Member
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2005, 21:50:21 »
I am a landy Owner and do not in any way have a problem with Jeeps or any other model make or size I just love 4x4's Just thought I better get that bit in first.

You keep saying Landys but you must have noticed that on most events there must be a good 80% landys go so its hard for use when you have a pair of young lads thinking they are it driving daddys landy and are a total pain in the ar*s. But they do drive a landy.....

When I was at Langley Farm there was a group of lads being total d**ks in the night I stopped a big bust up but it never stopped there generators went missing and when the police arrived one of the lads was a member of lets say a well known landy club. This does not mean I will not go to langley farm again because of this or I wont join the club. You have to be very carefull how you word things. There has recently been a post which has gone way out of controle due to Words.

Get yourself up our way mate North yorkshire and come on some of our play days I promiss  there are no politics involved and I would wade through the water to hook ya a rope on mate.

Why not come with us on the Lakes run on the 26th/27th November.

All I will say is please be carefull how you word things as ppl get there backs up very easy and then POSTs have to be locked....

P.S. I would love a MAHINDRA   always wanted one. Would give up my landy for one......Maybee
WATER DRAWS LAND ROVERS LIKE IRON FILINGS TO A MAGNET
110 300tdi Everyday car.
90 200TDI Toy
Series3 90 look alike Project.
Skipton North Yorkshire

D E F R A. Destroying English Farming and Rural Areas.

Offline Bishops Finger

Attack Member
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2005, 11:09:55 »
Fair comments :D

Offline Jim-Willy

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2005, 15:04:05 »
This post has gone alittle bit silly don't you think???

Especially when you consider it started as a Landy owner who used to own a Jeep posting a couple of piccys of some well sorted Jeeps he'd seen on his travels :?

Offline Cherry Bomb

Attack Member
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2005, 11:47:46 »
Dunno.  Seems that the last six posts have all been kind'a saying the same thing.

Everyone is cool,  you get prats everywhere regardless of what they drive and (reading between the lines) everyone craves for owning a Jeep! :wink:  :D

We love's y'all really even if your choice of vehicle is a little misguided! :lol:
No, it's not me!

Offline Bishops Finger

Attack Member
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2005, 14:39:22 »
Fair point my good man :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal