AuthorTopic: A freelander i would love to own  (Read 1863 times)

Offline Jake

• Regional Rep
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • <insert witty comment here>
    • South Molton, Devon. UK
  • Referrals: 0
A freelander i would love to own
« on: July 18, 2005, 21:30:45 »
Fancy a race in this
Fantastic!!
 :D
Jake

Owner - Land Rover Discovery 2
Driver - Land Rover Defender 100" Trayback

Offline Henry Webster

Attack Member
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 00:06:24 »
I guess that this must be Glen McKeith's new racer which will be out on the Hi-Q MSA British Off Road Championship later this year.

He has been racing an ex-Dakar one for the first half of the season whilst his was built.

Former bike racer Drrick Edmondson is also campaigning one to gain experience for a Dakar assault.

Regards

H

Wolfie

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 17:21:59 »
Quote from: "Henry Webster"
I guess that this must be Glen McKeith's new racer which will be out on the Hi-Q MSA British Off Road Championship later this year.

Yes, that is Glen's. I feel rather stupid to have been talking to him for about 5 minutes before realising that I had been talking to him at Ellesmere.

Glen mentioned that there may be a change of venue for the next round - do you have any further info yet? Will try to get there wherever it is.

He has been racing an ex-Dakar one for the first half of the season whilst his was built.

I have just put up some pictures from Ellesmere into my photo galleries. The Freelander Desert Warrior being driven in a restrained manner as Glen didn't want to break it before it went to Tunisia.

Former bike racer Drrick Edmondson is also campaigning one to gain experience for a Dakar assault.

Haven't got as far as that car in my colection of photos yet, but will add further photos to the gallery sometime soon. (plus pics from rounds 1 & 3)

Henry,
Hope you have a good wekend at the Scottish Hillrally, shame it is both so far away and that I have other commitments as I would like to have come along.

Regards

Andy

Offline Eeyore

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 17:28:30 »
Quote from: "Wolfie"
Yes, that is Glen's. I feel rather stupid to have been talking to him for about 5 minutes before realising that I had been talking to him at Ellesmere.

Well, at least he'd forgotten he'd asked us for any piccies of his car - which only marginally reduced to embarressment factor!

Quote from: "Wolfie"
The Freelander Desert Warrior being driven in a restrained manner as Glen didn't want to break it before it went to Tunisia.

....and yet he still managed to give it a squint in that wooded bit!

Should be most interesting when it's complete :twisted:

cheers
 8)
Eeyore
Flower: '95 Defender 110 Hard Top. Donkey Power :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal